Employee Take-Home Testing Kits and Drop-Off Sites
Dear Faculty and Staff colleagues,
All Dartmouth College faculty and staff are required to participate in COVID testing when working on campus. Those who are vaccinated and are working on-site at least one day a week are required to test once weekly. Those who are unvaccinated (e.g. those with approved exemptions) are required to test twice weekly. The College’s FAQS about employee testing are available here and address questions about testing frequency for those who may be working on-site occasionally.
To support this weekly testing cadence and ensure it is manageable for community members, take-home testing kits are now available. These kits allow community members to participate in self-administered, unobserved testing by returning a completed kit within 12 hours of sample collection at drop-off sites across campus.
As this take-home testing program is rolled out and deployed into use, here are some important points to be aware of:
- Employees who have tested on campus from Jan. 1, 2021 to Sept. 10, 2021 have been invited to participate in take-home testing from Occupational Medicine. Employees who have not been working and testing on site should first test in person at West Gym or at Williamson and should continue to test there until they are invited to participate in take-home testing. The College anticipates adding new participants to take-home testing every two weeks.
- Kit labels for all Dartmouth employees who have been invited to participate in take-home testing are available for pick up at in the Faculty Lounge at The Hop. It is critical that folks place labels on the bags of their testing kits for identification purposes. If no label is outside the bag, the test kit will immediately be discarded.
- The AMOS mailroom is the location to pick up testing kits at Tuck. You may pick up testing kits from the team at AMOS, Monday – Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- We are transitioning from using a drop off site for testing kits (Byrne 126) to using a system of drop boxes throughout the Dartmouth College campus. Byrne 126 will close as a drop off site after today, Friday, October 1.
- There is a drop box right outside of the AMOS student mailroom. It is already operational, and tests can be left there 24 hours/day between Monday at 7:30 a.m. – Friday at 2:30 p.m. The drop box will close for collection on Fridays at 2:30 p.m. It will not be open for deposits during the weekends. You can find the complete listing of drop box locations and their collection hours here.
We thank you for adhering to Dartmouth’s testing requirements and adapting with us to a new system.
Please reach out if you have any questions.